As of September 2021, his net worth is $39 Billion. He is none other than, Jack Ma, the founder of. Some interesting facts about him:
- He was born in Hangzhou, China on September 10th 1964.
- He failed two times in primary school test.
- He failed the middle school test three times.
- He failed the college entrance exam two times.
- He scored 1 out of 120 points on the Math portion of his college entrance exam.
- Jack once told, ‘Failing is one thing. Getting a score of less than 1 percent on your college entrance exam is something else completely.’ Again a huge embarrassment. Remember ASIAN PARENTS.
- He was rejected by Harvard 10 times.
- Somehow he got graduated from one of the worst universities (Jack’s own words) and here comes another series of heartbreak. He applied for more than 30 jobs and was rejected by all of them.
- Once 24 people, including Jack Ma applied for KFC China and 23 of them got selected. Guess who was rejected? Of course, it is Jack Ma.
- He failed in convincing Silicon valley to fund Alibaba
- One day, all of his 18 partners (contributing capital for a total of $60,000 USD) left him.
So why I consider him to be lucky?
- He is lucky because he believed in himself, despite of the countless failures. I don’t think no other person, could have held on that long
- He is lucky that he learned lessons from every single failure. Not every one can do that
- He is lucky that he dared to dream big, despite being called a ‘failure’. Again remember Asian parents. Scoring 1 out of 120 will be definitely considered as ‘Family shame’ in Asia.
- He is lucky that he got a good childhood friend (now his wife) who supported him in his hard days. His wife once told, ‘Jack may not be a handsome person, but he can do many things a handsome guy cannot do’
- And finally, he is really lucky to believe he is lucky when he hadn’t seen luck even once in his Pre- Alibaba life.